Friday 7 February 2014

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Mini Pound Cakes!

I had the urge to make pound cake and I hadn't used peanut butter or my chocolate chips in a while (since I have been super "healthy" using fruit) so I decided to make these mini pound cakes! They were super easy to make and easy enough for my fiance to take to work, considering the portions were perfect (you can eat the mini cake in two bites!). I drizzled peanut butter and chocolate on top and it just hit the spot with a cold glass of milk. And, I always like to heat my treat in the microwave for 10 seconds to make it a but warm. Perfect! Take a look!



*Makes: 60 mini pound cakes, give or take

Ingredients

For pound cake:
  • 3 cups (400g) all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 sticks (230g) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup (60g) brown sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup (260g) creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup (250ml) milk
  • 1 cup (180g) bittersweet chocolate chips
For peanut butter glaze:
  • 1/3 cup (50g) powdered sugar, sifted
  • 3 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 3-4 tablespoons milk




Directions

Step 1: Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease 2 standard sized 12-hole muffin tins (I only had one 12-hole and then a 6-hole so that's what I used but this makes a ton of mini pound cakes, FYI).

Step 2: Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.




Step 3: Using either a wooden spoon or a mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Beat until pale, fluffy, and well combined. 




Add eggs one at a time over while still mixing. Keep mixing while adding the flour mixture slowly. 



Add the peanut butter and milk. Mix just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.



Step 4: Pour batter into greased muffin tins (or line them with cases like I did). Also, use the back of a spoon dipped in water to make the surface even and the bake evenly. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (they should be brown on top). 



Step 5: Repeat these steps until you have used all dough. While the mini pound cakes are cooking, make your peanut butter drizzle. Add all 3 ingredients and mix well. Add more milk to make less thick. Once your pound cakes are done, let them cool on a wire rack and once they are completely cooled  (30 minutes), add your drizzle on top. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment