Wednesday 16 October 2013

Easy Homemade Nestle Crunch Bars

I love chocolate and I love Rice Krispies. Luckily, Nestle created Crunch bars which contain both ingredients! If it only contains 2 ingredients, why can't these be made by the consumer? Well, they can. These bars were probably the easiest treats I have made since I started experimenting in the kitchen. What's better than saving money and making things out of your own kitchen? Nothing! I love knowing what is in the foods that I eat, and if you do too, go ahead and whip these right up! 



*Makes: 12 large bars or 36 mini bars

Ingredients
  • 24 oz (680g) of chocolate (I used about 480g of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 200g of milk chocolate)
  • 4 cups (100g) Rice Krispies ( I added double the amount of krispies because I wanted them extra crunchy)
  • 1/2 cup (100g) of white chocolate to spread on top (optional)





Directions

Step 1: Heat up water in a medium sauce pan over medium heat and place a heat proof bowl over it. Place the chocolate inside the bowl and constantly stir the chocolate (you don't want the chocolate to burn) until it is completely melted (this could take up to 10 minutes considering there is a lot of chocolate). 




Step 2: Once the chocolate is melted, pour it in a larger bowl and let a cool for a few minutes and then stir in the Rice Krispies. Stir until mixed together well. Next, melt your white chocolate (optional).





Step 3: Line a 9×13 pan with foil. Carefully and evenly spread the chocolate mixture into the pan. Spread the white chocolate next. Make sure everything is even and flat. 



Step 4: Refrigerate until firm. This should take at least an hour, if not more (I kept mine in the fridge for 2 hours). Remove from fridge and let stand at room temperature for a few minutes, this will make them easier to cut. Remove from pan and cut into squares or rectangles. 




Step 5: Wrap in foil to give the "candy bar" look. Serve and enjoy!






*These will keep fine in the fridge for several days.

3 comments:

  1. This may sound like a ridiculous question, but is there any technique to getting a clean line cut into the chilled chocolate? I want to make lovely rectangular bars like yours! Thanks for the help ; )
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not ridiculous at all! Honestly, it wasn't as difficult as it may seem. As long as your chocolate-Rice Krispie layer isn't too thick, it should cut fairly easy. I also trimmed the edges if they were any that weren't straight :) hope I helped!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Halee! Thank you so much for this recipe! It's awesome, and my kids loved it. I'm actually going to be sharing it on Fox 5 next week. Great post!

    Take Care, Danielle

    ReplyDelete